Welcome to my holiday home tour, where my old house's halls are decked in my…
This was one of those years when simple and easy holiday decor what just what we needed in our home. With a newborn, new business, and graduate school, sometimes you just want things to be quick, but of course to look good too.
Over the past few weeks I’ve been pulling out my favorite pieces from the attic to deck the halls and bring some sparkle to our spaces. Welcome to the holiday home tour! Nine of us bloggers have opened our doors for you to see how much we love to style and fluff and create beautiful spaces that are unique to each of us.
There are very beautiful homes to see on the tour, so get cozy and pin your favorite ideas from the original blog posts, which are all listed at the end of the post.
Mine isn’t a perfect house. We don’t even have the tree decorated yet! So don’t think your home has to be magazine-worthy to be festive and enjoyable. I put up a few simple things in the rooms we use the most and it’s the perfect blend of holiday decor.
My favorite decor pieces tend to be neutral and filled with glitter. I bring out the garland, my favorite glitter snowflakes in every size and color, and anything silver and gold I can find. My tips for decorating easy and elegantly are:
- Go with neutrals. Just like I said above, you can combine silver and gold, it adds depth. This year copper is very in so I added it to the dining room with my spray painted wreaths. Neutrals can also mean black, white, navy, hot pink (yes!), metallics, gray, tan, off white and more.
- Layer it on. Layering your decor can mean adding an embellishment on top of the stockings, berries in the garland and ribbon on a tree. Add more and it will bring such richness to your decor. I put in gold garland in the white garland, then ornaments and snowflakes on top. Layers work!
- Multiply your pieces. For the holidays I bring all the same pieces together such as my glitter house collection, blue ornaments, or disco balls. In this case, they all make a big impact together.
Enjoy the tour, I hope it brings you many ideas for your own holiday home decorating.
Here are some other holiday posts you will love:
- Spray Painted Holiday Wreaths
- Five Ideas to Decorate Your Home for the Holidays
- DIY Outdoor Plywood Trees
- Five Steps to Beautiful Holiday Wreaths
- How to Organize Christmas Ornaments