Hello friends and happy 2013. I hope the new year has been good to you.…
How to Decorate a Blue Christmas Tree
How do you feel about a blue Christmas? With a blue Christmas tree of course! I got to have some fun and create a colorful look in our foyer with this adorable and bright tree from Treetopia.
Come see tips and ideas on how to decorate a blue Christmas tree and add some color to your holiday decor.
While I love a live tree and it’s a fun adventure for the kids, sometimes getting that pre-lit tree out of the attic and setting it up in five minutes is just what you need for an easy and simple holiday look.
I wanted to add some new color to our foyer this year and chose this blue 7 1/2 foot pre-lit tree from Treetopia to decorate.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Treetopia in November 2018, however all opinions expressed here are my own.
Treetopia is the place to get any color tree your heart desires. They are sponsoring this post and myself and four other bloggers get to share decorating ideas with you this season. Plus all trees are up to 50% off during their Black Friday and Cyber Monday “All For You Christmas” sale. (More sale info below).
Decorating with blue is actually really easy. Think of blue as a neutral because it is. Many colors go with blue including pink, blush, green, mint, metallics, black, and white too of course. What I love to use with blue are neutral colors and shine, especially at the holidays. This time of year is the perfect opportunity to bring out the bling and use all your favorite things.
Put on your comfy clothes and let’s get started on your colorful tree!
For this blue tree I had the idea to create a woodsy, glamorous look. That meant some outdoor elements like antlers and pine cones, and some sparkle – which is super easy to get in a tree ornament. Overall on this blue tree I used:
- Clear lights (pre-lit on the tree) – Treetopia
- Thin wired garland (mean for deco mesh wreaths) – Hobby Lobby
- Glitter snowflakes – Dollar Tree
- Disco ball ornaments in gold and silver – Hobby Lobby
- Gold pointsettia decorations – Christmas Tree shop
- White glitter antler picks – JoAnn Fabrics
- Pine cones – My own DIY project. See how to make them here.
- Small green round ornaments – My own find from a thrift store
- First you start with garland, and it can be any kind you like. I used this thin silver and gold garland that’s meant for wreaths to loosely wrap the tree.
- Then we added large items like these glitter snowflakes. Most of them are from the dollar store. Tuck them in the branches alternating the side of the tree you put them on, while lowering them down the tree. Like most decorations, you work in a zig zag pattern, filling in any empty spots, and making sure the decoration is not too close to another like it.
- After that I added the disco balls, pointsettias, antlers, pine cones, and small green ornaments. Add them to the spaces on the tree when they will hang nicely.
The idea is to get different types of items next to each other so they compliment each other. You really cannot do it wrong. I think the blue is an unexpected but beautiful color to add to your holiday decor. What do you think? Even my little assistant had fun putting all the ornaments on.
Treetopia has trees in almost every color including pink, stripes, flocked trees – which I love, black trees and more.
Get a little inspiration from these friends and shake things up in your home this holiday season with a bright and fun tree. Which color would you like to have in your home?
A Kalio Chic Life | Bentley Blonde | Parenthood Baby Style | PMQ for Two
Shop my blue Christmas tree here.
Green Trees Collection | Colored Trees Collection
Find Treetopia on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
Leave a Reply