Welcome to the 2014 Year in Review! This is a collection of what's been happening…
2010 in Review
2010 ~ what a year! By far this has been the busiest and most exciting of my life. So many things have happened, the least of all are my home decor projects.
Thirteen days before 2010 began I got engaged. In January, my fiance, also known as The Chef and now the Hubs, move into my apartment. In February we started and finished house hunting ~ we found one! March through September we planned our wedding. In June we moved into our first house. In September we got married and traveled on our honeymoon and in the fall we finally relaxed.
But enough about the house and wedding mumbo jumbo, let ‘s take a look at the top 10 projects I did this year.
First, my favorite topic ~ furniture. I got a few things done this year in the midst of moving, house hunting and moving again.
1. The red sewing table I found on the curb got a spicy stain.
2. Speaking of red, I was kind of into it last year when I started my first chair re upholstery job. This $6 chair got a complete makeover.
3. This ice chest was the first piece I completely stripped and refinished to the original oak wood.
4. 2010 wouldn’t be complete if I didn’t do a drop cloth project. I covered to the beaten up top of this side table with a piece this fall.
5. In the craft department I made a chalkboard calendar for the kitchen.
6. A photo memo board for mom’s house.
7. Faux mercury glass candle holders for our boudoir.
8. And a jute wreath which I change up from season to season.
9. There was the hugely popular Dollar store hurricanes. Who doesn’t love a $2 item?
10. A recent favorite project is our homosote bulletin board that is in the foyer. I made an advent calendar for the holidays and can’t wait to decorate it otherwise for the rest of the year.
Am I at 10 already? Want to hear about more?
In between all that we painted almost every inch of the house, including the guest room the week of Thanksgiving. We continued with wedding and honeymoon planning, my sister got married in February, I had a bridal shower and I made tons of items from picture frames, spray painted lots of stuff, and decorated our first house for the holiday.
But I can’t wait to do even more in 2011. This might be THE year! I got a fabulous gift for Christmas that will help with all the fun projects I have planned. I’ll tell you about it later this week. And now that the wedding is behind us, I can really go to town on the house. Hubs, look out 🙂
Tell me about your favorite projects from 2010, and get inspired for 2011 at Rhoda’s!
Leave a Reply