Last I left you with the red chair, we were all the way up to…
Reupholster a Chair DIY Red Chair Finished | Chapter 7
Last year I bought a $6 chair from my local Habitat for Humanity ReStore. It was the first total reupholster project I’d taken on and I’m so happy to say I am finally finished with it. Here is the chair on the day I got it.
ReStore a Treasure – About my trip to the ReStore where I bought the chair
The Chair | Chapter 2 – This was the adventure it selecting the fabric. Clearance!
Chapter 3 – Chapter 3 is when we took all the old fabric off and lost some skin on our fingers too
It Looks Like a Chair | Chapter 4 – Our most recent chapter saw us put on all the batting and the seat, back and arm fabric
Sewing a Cushion, Putting on Sides | The Chair Chapter 5 was about the sides and cushion.
The Last Red Chair Parts | Chapter 6 – Putting on the arm covers and the bottom ticking.
The last step I had to do to the chair was put on the nailhead trim on the back, otherwise the fabric was only stapled on the top and bottom. They don’t seem to sell nail head trim at Joanns anymore so I ordered it online. Sorry about the dark photos, the foyer doesn’t seem to have much light.
Here is what the chair looks like today from the front.
And here it is at home in the foyer.
Here’s one more look at the before and after.
I’m linking up to Miss Mustard Seed’s Furniture Feature Friday, Air Your Laundry Friday Link Party at Freckled Laundry, Just Something I Whipped Up at The Girl Creative, And ReStore It Wednesday at ReStore Interiors.
Leave a Reply