Happy officially fall y'all! The weather here has gotten a little cooler and with the…
Hello! I hope you are enjoying the summer. We got to spend time with our family and friends and I kicked everyone’s butt at mini golf! Did I tell you I was really good at mini golf? It’s a special skill. Since I realized I didn’t do monthly round ups of my projects, I decided to show them all in a January through June highlight post. Here are my best projects for the first half of the year and links to my guests posts that I write each month too.
The year started off with a major painting project in the upstairs hallway when I stenciled the entire space and hung up new art. The stencil gave such nice dimension to the walls. I also did some sewing and finally put together the paint colors in my house for you. See the posts below:
- How to Make Lavender Eye Pillows
- Stencil Hallway Makeover
- Paint Colors in My Home
- New Lights in the Basement Bathroom
- How to Organize Home Manuals at Pretty Handy Girl
- Coffee Table Turned Ottoman at Redhead Can Decorate
- Minty Goodness for Every Room Product Picks at Houzz
Since indoor projects are in full swing in the early part of the year, February saw some improvements in the dining room, another frame project in the staircase, and tips on cleaning your oven door naturally.
- Travel Photos Gallery Wall
- How to Clean Your Oven Door Naturally
- New Ikea Vanity in the Basement Bathroom
- How to Make Burlap Picture Mats
- DIY Wooden Arrows at Pretty Handy Girl
- Decorating with Frames at Redhead Can Decorate
- Diamonds are a Home’s Best Friend Product Picks at Houzz
In March I scored an $8 gallon of oops paint that I had tinted in Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore and was featured in the local newspaper about my DIY projects and fun.
- Hale Navy Accent Wall
- Contemplating More Renovations in the Upstairs Bathroom
- Unique Wine Rack from an Old Dresser at Pretty Handy Girl
- Decorate with Maps at Redhead Can Decorate
- Accessories for House Plants Product Picks at Houzz
In April I revealed my plans for a master bedroom makeover. It is the one space in the house we haven’t done much with and could use some sprucing up. Don’t forget to order the book from Karah at The Space Between DIY Wood Pallet Projects: 35 Rustic Modern Upcycling Ideas to Personalize Your Space.*
- How to Silver Leaf a Mirror Frame
- DIY Three Tier Chandelier
- Master Bedroom Makeover Plans
- Jute Wrapped Eggs at Pretty Handy Girl
- Easy Window Treatment Sewing Projects at Redhead Can Decorate
- Farmers Market Season Product Picks at Houzz
In May I was interviewed at the Crane + Canopy blog. I also announced my new partnership with Goodwill Industries of Western New York. I’ll be showing you how to makeover items from their stores and the items will be available for sale locally too. Plus I made not one but two new sets of curtains.
- DIY Stenciled Curtains
- New Partnership with Goodwill Industries
- How to Make Chalkboard Picture Frames
- Navy Accent Wall in the Master Bedroom
- Fabric Trimmed Curtains
- How to Make an Old Sign from a Foot Board at Pretty Handy Girl
- Decorating with Blue at Redhead Can Decorate
- Outdoor Lighting for Summer Nights Product Picks from Houzz
June was finally time for outdoor fun and that included our small backyard makeover plan and reveal. I also finalized our small master bathroom makeover plans with a new vanity, floor and toilet. And I had some fun with fellow bloggers with a thrift store exchange called #SwapItLikeItsHot.
- Completed Backyard Makeover + New Flagstone Patio
- Small Bathroom Makeover
- DIY Tray Makeover
- City Backyard Landscaping Ideas
- How to Tile a Small Table Top at Pretty Handy Girl
- Copper Striped Candle Holders at Redhead Can Decorate
- Handy Finds for Painting Projects of all Kinds Product Picks at Houzz
As always, stay tuned for more DIY project ideas. This week I’ll be showing more tips and projects in the garden and will be at the Haven Conference on Friday and Saturday. Stay in touch with me on Facebook and Instagram.
*This post contains affiliate links.